CE in 3 easy steps:
1. Find your course
2. Pass your exam
3. Print your certificate
You'll learn from an instructor who is an educator as well as a working professional and who brings passion to the topic.
... The videos were outstanding.
~ Sarah S.
I really enjoyed this course, and feel like I learned a lot.
~ Rebecca H.
... I found the course very informative and well outlined.
~ Keith C.
We Help You Get There
Convenient and relevant
State-of-the-art video presentation
Get results instantly
Study material developed by industry experts
Interactive and engaging
Demonstrations from instructional massage DVD's are incorporated in these courses. To see the full-length, comprehensive training videos, visit Aesthetic VideoSource.
Full Body Chair Massage (5.5 CE Hrs) M10C
The course includes step-by-step online training videos, written text, a vocabulary list, and online exams. As soon as you finish the course you can instantly download and print your certificate to get your approved CEs.
In this continuing education (CE) course on full body chair massage, Meade Steadman, LMT and professional educator, will guide you from theory to practical application. In addition to written text, video excerpts are included for visual, step-by-step demonstrations of seated massage techniques and how to provide a full body massage as well as address specific complaints. Also included are: history, benefits and contraindications, tips for getting started, marketing, and other professional concerns. Resources are included for licensing and further information.
This course is worth 5.5 CE hours
After completion of this CE course, you will be able to:
- Define chair massage
- Discuss the evolution of chair massage
- List four benefits of offering chair massage
- Describe the three types of massage chair “systems”
- Describe the five components of a professional massage chair
- List six additional types of supplies for offering chair massage
- Describe the different types of face rest/cradle covers
- List four sanitation supplies
- List two items that can improve ambiance
- Discuss the benefits of a timer and credit card processor
- Describe how to provide cryotherapy or thermal therapy
- Discuss licensing, certification, insurance, and on-site permission
- List thirteen general benefits of massage
- List four benefits of massage for employees
- List four benefits to employers
- List four benefits to event attendees
- List four benefits to event organizers
- Acquaint a client with the massage chair
- List three key points for getting started
- Demonstrate body stance
- Discuss techniques and concerns for working on clothed clients
- Perform a full-body chair massage
- List the four classifications of headaches
- Describe what carpal tunnel syndrome is
- Identify the major muscles associated with common complaints
- Perform massage techniques to alleviate headaches, neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain, and carpal tunnel pain
- Market your services
- Determine how much to charge for your services
- Determine whom to target your marketing
- Define 39 terms relevant to full body chair massage
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 75% or higher
Meade Steadman, LMT, is an instructor for the Myotherapy College of Utah.
“Overall I think the instructor had great knowledge and passion for the subject and I enjoyed it very much.” Anne H.
“I enjoyed it and learned a few new techniques, like working on the legs in the chair. Thanks!” Suzanne W.
“I liked the course very much and look forward to more classes. Thank you very much.” Daniel V.
“Course was great!” Terry H.
“This course was very comprehensive and professional. Thorough yet understandable in it's presentation. I teach an NCBTMB course "Secrets of Chair Massage for Events" but do not go into as much detail as this course, focused specifically on the Las Vegas Convention market. Totally enjoyed this course and will recommend it to others!!” Paul L.
“Lot of information, very well done, and comprehensive.” Yves-Margarette M.
“Excellent explanation of benefits of massage.” Kari G.
“I was very pleased with the entire course. Instructor had a wonderful way of keeping me interested. I was able to absorb information very easily. I've been a LMT, NMT for 20 years. Long time! I've taken a lot of classes. I would definitely take more from your site and recommend to my fellow MT's.” Jodie D.
“I really enjoyed the videos and demonstration. It was like being in a hands on class but not!” Jessica B.
“I thought the course was very informative and helpful. I liked how it addressed the whole spectrum of chair massage including marketing ideas. I definitely learned quite a few things that I can incorporate into my own practice.” Heather B.
“I liked the way it was set up in categories almost like in chapters. It gave people the ability to pace themselves and do a one at a time. Rather than viewing an entire video then taking the test afterwards. Also, the units allowed a person even with a busy schedule to do a little at a time and still complete the class. It was easy to follow, clear and direct. The information covered an array of topics on the subject which was very helpful…” Lisa P.
“This was a very good courses which was informative and supported by excellent video support and techniques.” Marjorie R.
“Great course, well presented. i would recommend this course.” Steven M.
“I thought the course was fun and informative…” Ricardo N.
“I thought it was a very comprehensive course for someone interested in pursuing chair massage work...” Bonnie S.
“Great course, nice videos, very knowledgeable and engaging instructor.” Emma P.
“I loved this course. I do a lot of chair massages and this course gave me some new ideas I am definitely going to incorporate into my massages…” Teresa N.
“I was very happy with the course and the price. The videos were very clear and informative.” Shelby L.
“Excellent course provided by a very knowledgeable instructor.” Susan S.
“Love the course.” Shaunte M.
“It was well presented with good visual from video clips. Your company quickly responded to my question…” Lisa D.